Puzzle
Creator of this puzzle
that I call home.
The maker of this body
that creaks and moans.
Tell me where to find
the pieces to fill these empty holes;
the missing pieces to the puzzle,
or just that one piece, that will make me whole.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hide away,
so you can't see,
this evil demon
that lives inside of me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Something
There is something
about the way you smile.
I want to be the reason
you smile that way.
I don't even know you,
but there's something about you,
that makes me think I do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I fall apart.
You pick up the pieces.
You say you'll make me whole.
There I go again.
Believing your lies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The inability to sleep keeps me here
Punching letters on the keyboard.
Staring into the
sick
florescent glow of the screen.
These words on the screen are not mine.
They belong to the me that I left behind.
I'd ask you to remember her,
but try as you might, you won't.
I carved her out of my skin when I met you.
Without her,
it was easier to give in to you.
Give in to all your little pleasantries and not-so-humorous jokes.
But you're gone.
And the joke is on me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Together we lied
In a bed made of promises
that were only kept in the darkness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I let you
let me fall.
Blindsided by your sweet words
and silent entrancing ways.
Slipping and sliding into the darkness
that I let you lead me into.
Weakness.
Selfishness.
Loneliness.
No comments:
Post a Comment