Monday, April 1, 2024

Time as Water


So, it's been a minute since I've posted but I'm hoping to do this challenge #escapril for National Poetry Month. You write a poem a day based on the prompt. Today's prompt is #changeofstate. I was playing with a few different ideas but landed on this...

Time, 
    the ever changing,
        the ever constant.
Moving like water, 
    powerful as the rushing river, 
                    and quiet as the frozen stillness of ice.

In times of struggle we feel it's heaviness,
        in the thick droplets of rain, 
            that pounds in our ears,
                    a strong and steady drumbeat,
                      that threatens to drown us as we shed our own tears, 
                         pulling us further into the wake.

On brighter days, 
    those pools of water turning to puddles that slowly disappear. 
        A slow moving vapor that floats and shimmers in the light. 
            We breathe it in. 
                           Taste it.
                                Enjoy it's weightlessness. 
 
Everything and Nothing. 
    Embrace it.

Time, 
    the ever constant, 
            the ever changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment